Before detailing the changes, I'd like to clarify what alpha means to me:
- Core functionality is stable (otherwise I wouldn't even bother releasing)
- New features are unit-tested (otherwise I wouldn't even admit them into the repo), but may not be battle-tested
- Not feature-frozen (i.e. future alphas/betas might get new features)
- Not interface-frozen (I make no guarantees about breaking changes between this alpha and the final release)
- Little to no documentation about new features or changes. Tests are the primary or maybe only source of usage.
The goal of this release is to get real-world testing and feedback on the new features and changes.
- Solr 4.0 grouping (this used to be called "field collapsing", but was completely overhauled)
- Solr 4.0 pivot faceting
- Autofac integration module
- Unity integration
- Fluent interface: added index-time document boosting
- Fluent interface: added easier way to set Solr URL and timeout
- SolrQueryByDistance (spatial search)
- Support for ExtractingRequestHandler (i.e. binary/proprietary document indexing, like MS Word, PDF, etc)
- Rollback (it was implemented but missing in ISolrOperations)
- CommitWithin and Overwrite parameters for document add
- Mixed exclusive/inclusive range queries (Solr 4.0 only)
- Fixed support for nullable enum properties with empty Solr field value.
- Breaking change for IReadOnlyMappingManager implementors: it now indexes fields by name to speed up lookup.
- Breaking change: SolrQueryByField now quotes '*' and '?'
- Minor breaking change for direct users of SolrConnection: removed constructor with IHttpWebRequestFactory parameter and made it a property.
- Upgraded to Windsor 2.5.3
- Upgraded to Ninject 188.8.131.52
- Upgraded to NHibernate 3.1.0
- Upgraded to StructureMap 2.6.2
- Upgraded to .NET 3.5
I'm very happy to say that the project is getting more and more contributors all the time, and they're doing a great job! Here are the contributors to this release:
- Klaas Vlietstra
- Naz Junaid
- Rich Tebb
- Andre Hazelwood
- Adam Kirkton
- Ed Devlin
- Paul Bouwer
- Matej Skubic (Studio Pesec)
- Amar Raja
A huge thank you to them all!